The Swiss-MIS Masterclass
in laparoscopic bariatric surgery
A hands-on experience
Swiss-MIS organizes a unique 2-week course in laparoscopic bariatric surgery. The selected fellow rotates in four Swiss hospitals with SMOB accreditation.
Swiss-MIS and the participating centers guarantee that the fellow will scrub in two—three bariatric surgeries: he assists the first one, and operates under assistance the next one. Swiss-MIS will offer one Masterclass, which will take place at 4 different hospitals during September—December 2023. Travel and housing expenses are reimbursed by Swiss-MIS for up to CHF 1’500/ fellow.
The ideal fellow:
- is in a training program with career perspectives in a Swiss hospital
- has a main interest in bariatric surgery
- has acquired a good level in laparoscopy and performed under assistance at least 10 laparoscopic bariatric surgeries.
Applications should be submitted to:
Dr. François Pugin
Clinique de Chirurgie,
HFR-Fribourg, Hôpital Cantonal
The application deadline is June 30th 2023
Bariatric Masterclass (with the following documents):
- motivation letter (state your future goals)
- CV (include courses in laparoscopic surgery, publications, conference abstracts)
- Copy of FMH in surgery
- Swiss-MIS membership or application
- log book – catalogue of operations:
- specify the number of laparoscopic bariatric operations performed as primary surgeon or assistant
- recommendation letter by the head of surgery where the candidate works, confirming that:
- the candidate is authorized to leave the clinic for 2 weeks