The Swiss-MIS Masterclass in Robotic Surgery
A hands-on experience
The selected fellow will go through an accelerated multimodal training program that takes her/him step to step from the level of inexperience to performing hands on robotic surgery with a specialist surgeon.
We offer for 3 candidates a Masterclass with 4 consecutive training modules:
- online course Intuitive Learning, approx. 3-4 hrs
- onsite (at your hospital) training with Intuitive
a. Technical system-training, approx. 6 hrs
b. SimNow simulation skills, >30 hrs
- Wet lab training module with proctor in Bern on September 26 & 27, 2023
- 2-3 days of hands on surgery (double console with proctor)
The ideal candidate works in a hospital where a Da Vinci® system is /will be soon available, and will be part of the local robotic surgery program. He/she must have at least 3 years of surgical training and experience in laparoscopy (>30 cholecystectomies, >15 laparoscopic hernia surgeries). The clinic must also have access to a da Vinci simulator to allow for practice sessions as part of the preparation work.
Applications should be submitted to:
- Motivation letter
- Letter from medical director testifying that
- You can leave the clinic for the required 2+3 days of training
- You will be part of the local robotic surgery program
- You have the necessary surgical experience to perform a cholecystectomy / laparoscopic hernia repair autonomously
- Swiss-MIS membership (or application for)
Travel and housing expenses are reimbursed by the Swiss-MIS for up to CHF 1’500/ fellow.
Applications should be submitted to
PD med. Dr. Heidi Misteli
For any further information contact Dr. Heidi Misteli at
T +41 44 911 14 35 or write an e-mail